Teaching English through Drama
Who is SHELTA for?
Do you want to engage your Students?
Do you want them to enjoy the learning process?
Do you want them to improve their results in tests?
Do you want them to feel they are learning/improving?
Do you want them to become fluent?
Do you feel ready to change your approach?
If you answered yes to some of these questions, then this course is for you!
Who is SHELTA not for?
“ Get quick fixes° teachers who want to learn without doing any of the work themselves
Teachers who prefer little extra work.
Teachers who like traditional grammar lessons
Teachers who are not prepared to reflect on their work
Teachers who are not prepared to change their role in the classroom
Teachers who are not passionate about their job and their students’ progress
Overview and costs:
This WHOLLY ON-LINE 6 week course covers the theory behind using Drama to teach a language. More importantly it offers practical applications and activities for excellent classroom management; breathing, body and mime techniques, voice and pronunciation exercises and in the last two weeks, language games for relaxation, concentration and fluency. There will be a live webinar once a week, with handouts, forums, readings, videos and reflective activities. Suggested assignments will be related to creating materials for yourselves and trying them out in your classrooms. There will be a Certificate of Completion for participants who have completed the required assignments.
Costs: AR$ 12,000 or US$ 300--See registration form for how to pay, by clicking on the image above
There will be a Certificate of Completion awarded to Participants who complete the minimum requirements of answering and commenting on 3 questions in each of the 6 weeks but, essentially, this is a self study course with some Moderator intervention and you can choose to do the minimum or the maximum according to your commitments. But do understand that you get out of it as much as you put in!
Enrollment closes on Wednesday 25th March 2020.
English through Drama: Teaching English through Drama is an on-line course for Teachers of English to Young Learners (3-18) that will focus on The Challenges of Using Drama in ELT Duration: 6 weeks
Venue: Moodle, ZOOM and WizIQ webinars
The course is intended for in-service teachers and teacher trainees of Young Learners (3-18) who wish to attend a short course on using Drama for ELT. There will be a possibility of a follow up for interested teachers. Participants will be expected to participate actively on-line and do some substantial reading and researching. There will be a synchronous meeting once a week which will take the form of a meeting, a discussion or a webinar with chat.
- To introduce in-service teachers and teacher trainees to the benefits of teaching EFL using Drama
- To view Drama as Education and a tool for ELT
- To define the term Drama as NOT theatre
- To equip teachers of all age groups, levels and abilities with a tool kit of strategies to use in the classroom
- To present a new dynamic way to teach English which is motivating for the teacher and the student
- Drama as Education: Dorothy Heathcote's legacy
- Classroom Management tips for introducing Drama in class
- Breathing, Body and Mime activities
- Voice and Pronunciation activities
- Relaxation and Concentration exercises
- Fluency activities
- Wrapping up
All the sessions will include:
- instructional input of theory with PPTs, videos, and readings from on-line sources
- an extensive bibliography for further reading
- reflection and discussions in the forums (3 compulsory questions each week)
- practical experience to learn to implement techniques and activities in the classroom
To request more information
+ 54 11 4541-3010/+54911 65593010
You can also request more information with this form: